Timothy L. Horn, Partner, has two decades of legal experience in a variety of practice areas. Timothy L. Horn is a former judicial law clerk to the Honorable Edward J. Turnbach, J.S.C. and completed an externship during law school with the United States Attorney's office in Camden giving him a tremendous background in criminal law. Tim has been a lifetime resident of Ocean County, New Jersey. When not practicing law, Tim Horn can be seen swimming, cycling and running throughout the Jersey Shore area and beyond while training and racing for triathlons.
- Associate Attorney, Villani & DeLuca, P.C. (November, 2002 to present). In November 2002, Mr. Horn joined the Law Firm of Villani & DeLuca, P.C. as an associate attorney. While at Villani & DeLuca, Mr. Horn has gained a wealth of experience in numerous areas of law. Beginning in 2003, Mr. Horn has been the Assistant Public Defender in Colts Neck, NJ. Mr. Horn has represented hundreds of clients in residential and commercial real estate transactions. In addition, he was Assistant Zoning Board Attorney in the Township of Brick from 2003 through 2004. Mr. Horn has also experience in Alcoholic Beverage Control matters having represented clients regarding liquor license matters. Furthermore, Mr. Horn has represented various clients in corporate and commercial matters including formation of business entities, sales and purchases of businesses, lease agreement negotiations, and other related small business matters; personal injury matters; civil litigation; and landlord/tenant matters.
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward J. Turnbach, J.S.C., New Jersey Superior Court of Ocean County, Criminal Division (September 2001 – August 2002)
- From September 2001 through August 2002, Mr. Horn served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Edward J. Turnbach, J.S.C., New Jersey Superior Court of Ocean County, Criminal Division, where he reviewed and researched criminal law issues; observed in camera and courtroom proceedings; communicated with defendants, defense attorneys, prosecutors and mediated small claims and landlord/tenant cases. This experience provided Mr. Horn with a tremendous background in criminal defense and prosecution having observed and researched many criminal law issues and procedures.
- Externship United States Attorney's Office, Camden, NJ (August 2000 – April 2001)
- While in law school Mr. Horn was fortunate to gain invaluable legal experience. From August 2000 through April 2001, Mr. Horn completed an externship at the United States Attorney's Office, Camden, New Jersey where he drafted answers to federal habeas corpus petitions; researched a variety of civil and criminal law issues; drafted motions to dismiss; and observed experienced federal prosecutors try political corruption cases.
- Law Clerk at Sonia M. Silverstein & Associates, Philadelphia, PA (November 2000 through April 2001)
- Additionally, from November 2000 through April 2001, Mr. Horn worked as a law clerk for Sonia M. Silverstein & Associates, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he opened personal injury files by preparing client letters, medical requests, insurance requests, and police report requests; drafted personal injury complaints; and researched premises liability, and slip and fall issues.
- Law Clerk at Roeber & Stonehill, Forked River, NJ (summer 2000)
- During the summer of 2000, Mr. Horn was a law clerk at Roeber & Stonehill, Forked River, New Jersey where he drafted civil complaints, motions, and discovery requests; communicated with other lawyers, clients, and court personnel; and researched a variety of legal issues, including real estate matter.
- Admitted to the New Jersey State Bar and Federal District Court Bar in 2001
- Admitted to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Bar in 2001
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW at CAMDEN, New Jersey
Juris Doctorate Degree, May 2001
Honors: 2000 Hunter Moot Court Competition Top Ten Brief Award
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN, West Haven, Connecticut
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science, Minor: Criminal Justice, January 1998
Honors: Graduated Summa Cum Laude in 3 1/2 years with 3.94 GPA
Activities: Cross country and Track & Field at the NCAA Division II level earning team MVP in cross country two years, undergraduate student government, the student newspaper as a sports writer and the student-athlete advisory board.
Community and Civic Activities
Ocean County Bar Association Annual 5K Run/Walk – Committee person since inception of event to the present. This is an annual event that benefits a local charity.
Jersey Shore Triathlon Club – I currently serve on the Board of Trustees as a Vice-President for this 500+ member triathlon club.
Jersey Shore Running Club – Member
Sons of the American Legion – Member
Competitive triathlete, duathlete, and runner training and racing throughout the Jersey Shore and beyond. Member of Team USA as an age group athlete competing in the ITU Duathlon World Championships three times in Calais, France; Weyer, Austria; and Newcastle, Australia.